We recently hired a few new moderators, who are actively making our community better, bit by bit. However, we could still use your help; especially if you are from a non-Europe or -United Kingdom timezone.
Are you passionate about Curve Fever and want to contribute? Are you looking for work experience, managing a varied, passionate community? Do you NOT reside in a European/UK timezone? Love Curve Fever Pro? Then you’re in the right place. We’re looking for awesome curvers to fill the following roles:
- 3 x Community & Game Moderator (Curve Fever Pro, Curve Fever 2 and Curve Fever 3 simultaneously)
Here’s what you’ll be doing
You’ll be on the lookout for cheaters, flagged messages and broadly keeping the community conformed to the general community and user guidelines. You report to the lead moderator. When you see someone throwing racial slurs, harassing users, or generally anything that is not in line with our guidelines, you’re not afraid to act in keeping with the moderator guidelines, to make our community a better place. And finally, if you have a cool idea, you share it with the Community Manager or Lead Moderator. We’re very much open to your input!
You are also responsible for:
- Managing the community (Curve Fever Pro, Curve Fever 2 and curve Fever 3)
- Communicating with players, users, the Hidden Monster Games folks, and everyone in between
- Monitoring and handling reports and flagged messages
- Helping out staff with the support helpdesk
- Monitoring in-game chat when playing
The role requires the following
- You work in a non-EU/UK timezone
- Professional proficiency in the English language
- A developed moral compass
- Effective communication skills
- Teamwork and problem-solving capabilities
- Being able to stay calm under pressure, with a neutral and objective outlook
- Have enough time available to be involved in the community
- Be able to communicate with the team on a regular basis over Discord, and Skype if need be
- And, last but not least, you’re familiar with Curve Fever and excited to become a vital part of what keeps the community ticking, for all Curve Fever-games
Here’s what we’re offering
Of course, you’d like to get something out of it. We hear you. All roles require a different level of dedication, which requires different compensation structures. The details will be hashed out later, but here’s the least of what you can expect:
- Curve Fever 2 Premium, for the duration of your tenure
- Ample in-game Curve Fever 2 currency, monthly
- Curve Fever Pro in-game currency, monthly (TBD)
- The chance to gain work experience in an active, demanding and varied community
How to apply
If you think you are the right person for one of these roles, we want to hear from you. Here’s what you do to apply:
- Write us a short(!) cover (motivation) letter
- Include your CV - We’d like to know who the person behind the username is
- Include your usernames (forums, games and Discord)
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes the above. Make sure the subject line includes the following: “Moderator application”.
- Please send in your application before Friday 23th of March at 11.59 p.m (CEST).
The Community Manager (that’s me, yay) and Lead Moderator @Averazon will go over all applications personally. After the deadline ends, we will get in touch with who we’d like to continue talks with. It could very well be you!
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Kevin from Hidden Monster Games