Are you passionate about Curve Fever and want to contribute? Are you looking for work experience, managing a varied, passionate community? Excited about Curve Fever Pro? Then you’re in the right place. We’re looking for awesome curvers to fill the following roles:
- 1 x Lead Moderator (Curve Fever Pro, Curve Fever 2 and Curve Fever 3)
- 2 x Community & Game Moderator (Curve Fever Pro, Curve Fever 2 and Curve Fever 3)
- 1 x Curve Fever 2 and 3 tournament moderator
That’s a lot of moderators, right? Well, with Curve Fever Pro releasing soon, we’re expecting the community to grow substantially. But we can’t manage it all alone. We need you to keep the community healthy, happy, and fun!
Here’s what you’ll be doing
As the lead moderator, you are the go-to point of contact for all active Curve Fever moderators. If mods find themselves in need of someone to help them make decisions when a conflict occurs, or when cases need to be reassessed, you’re the one they’ll be getting in touch with for guidance. You report to the Community Manager regularly and help find new moderators if the situation calls for it. You are the calm voice of reason, the efficient but warm decision maker, the leader of the flock and you have a solid understanding of what Curve Fever is all about. We also highly value your creative input, so you reach out to the Community Manager if you have ideas you’d like to execute on.
Community & Game Moderator:
Yes, you read that right, we’re looking for two of you! You’ll be on the lookout for cheaters, flagged messages and broadly keeping the community conformed to the general community and user guidelines. You report to the lead moderator. When you see someone throwing racial slurs, harassing users, or generally anything that is not in line with our guidelines, you’re not afraid to act in keeping with the moderator guidelines, to make our community a better place. And finally, if you have a cool idea, you share it with the Community Manager or Lead Moderator. We’re very much open to your input!
Both aforementioned roles are responsible for:
- Managing the community (Curve Fever Pro, Curve Fever 2 and curve Fever 3)
- Communicating with the players, users, the Hidden Monster Games folk, and everyone in between
- Monitoring and handling reports and flagged messages
- Helping out staff with the support helpdesk
- Monitoring in-game chat when playing
Curve Fever 2 and 3 Tournament Moderator:
The tournament moderator should have at two days per month available to run official tournaments for Curve Fever 2 and Curve Fever 3 (depending on demand and interest). This should be a consistent effort and involves getting players to sign-up, making a fair schedule and being in charge of the tournament on the day. You’re also in charge of sharing the results and handing out the correct rewards. You will need to be able to:
- Be professionally proficient in the English language.
- Handle criticism
- Be active in the game and on the forums to create a bond with the community
- Cope with pressure and multi-tasking
- Being open to feedback
- Communicate clearly and proficiently in English
- If you’re interested in streaming tournaments, that’d be a plus
All aforementioned roles require the following
- Professional proficiency in the English language.
- A developed moral compass.
- Effective communication skills.
- Teamwork and problem solving capabilities.
- Being able to stay calm under pressure, with a neutral and objective outlook.
- Have enough time available to be involved in the community.
- Be able to communicate with the team on a regular basis over Discord, and Skype if need be.
- And, last but not least, you’re familiar with curve Fever and excited to become a vital part of what keeps the community ticking.
Here’s what we’re offering
Of course, you’d like to get something out of it. We hear you. All roles require a different level of dedication, which require different compensation structures. The details will be hashed out later, but here’s the least of what you can expect:
- Curve Fever 2 Premium, for the duration of your tenure
- Ample in-game Curve Fever 2 currency, monthly
- Curve Fever Pro in-game currency, monthly (TBD)
- The chance to gain work experience in an active, demanding and varied community
If you perform exceptionally, we’re open to the idea of supplying you with a written recommendation to help you when spreading your wings and going out into the world looking for other work.
How to apply
If you think you are the right person for one of these roles, we want to hear from you. Here’s what you do to apply:
- Write us a short(!) cover (motivation) letter
- Include your CV - We’d like to know who the person behind the username is
- Include your usernames (forums, games and Discord)
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes the above. Make sure the subject line includes the following: “Moderator application: [write the role you’re applying for, here]”.
- Please send in your application before Friday 23th of February at 11.59 p.m (CEST).
The Community Manager (that’s me, yay) will go over all applications personally. After the deadline ends, we will get in touch with who we’d like to continue talks with. It could very well be you
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Kevin from Hidden Monster Games